On September 11, 1897, a two room school house was built and named Ravinia School. The school was named after the ravines and the village of Ravinia. The original school housed only 50 students inside a two room building about the size of the current school's gymnasium.
Ravinia School currently serves just over 250 kindergarten through fifth grade students. The school has greatly expanded since the two room school house. In 1999, the second addition was added to the original building. Ravinia now has 20 classrooms and 8 additional instructional areas including our own greenhouse! Forty-one staff members work together to support the needs of our students.
Ravinia School is located in Highland Park, Illinois on Chicago's North Shore. It is only a few short blocks west of Lake Michigan and about 25 miles from the heart of downtown Chicago.
763 Dean Avenue
Highland Park, IL 60035
Phone: #224-765-3700 Fax: #224-765-3708
Ravinia School begins at 8:40 AM and is dismissed at 3:17 PM.
AM Kindergarten begins at 8:40 AM and is dismissed at 11:26 AM.
PM Kindergarten begins at 12:30 PM and is dismissed at 3:17 PM.
School Day: 8:40 AM to 3:17 PM
AM Kindergarten: 8:40 AM to 11:26 AM
PM Kindergarten: 12:30 PM to 3:17 PM
Principal: Courtney Nordstrom
Mascot: Ravinia Raccoons & Ravinia Stars
Colors: Blue & Gold