Long-Range Facilities Plan
The Long-Range Facilities Plan for North Shore School District 112 is a comprehensive effort to update and modernize our schools. This long-range plan reflects a strategic approach to improving the district's facilities in phases, with attention to safety, security and modern educational needs.
Following the successful renovation of our middle schools in Phase 1, we are currently focused on our elementary schools as part of Phase 2. This includes the renovation of Indian Trail, Ravinia, Braeside, Sherwood and Wayne Thomas. These projects are being financed by the 2022 referendum, approved by our community with a resounding 72% of the vote.
The first phase of the Long-Range Facilities Plan focused on the district's two middle schools, Northwood and Edgewood.
- Construction at Northwood began in 2019 and was completed in 2021.
- Construction at Edgewood began in 2021 and was completed in April 2023.
- Upgrades were completed at Oak Terrace to accommodate the Early Childhood program. Additionally, the main entrance was relocated to the north side of the building.
We are currently in the second phase of the Long-Range Facilities Plan, which is focused on five of the district's elementary schools. This phase is possible due to the successful referendum in 2022.
- Construction at Indian Trail began in August 2022 and is expected to be completed in late 2024. Indian Trail is temporarily relocated to the building formerly known as Elm Place Middle School.
- Construction at Ravinia began in December 2022. It is too early to know exactly when this project will be completed, but it is expected to be sometime in 2025. Ravinia is temporarily relocated to the building formerly known as Green Bay Early Childhood Center.
- Sherwood's renovation will commence following the completion of Indian Trail. Sherwood will be temporarily relocated to Elm Place. (Timeline is TBA)
- Braeside's renovation will commence following the completion of Ravinia. Braeside will be temporarily relocated to Green Bay. (Timeline is TBA)
- Wayne Thomas' renovation will commence following the completion of Sherwood. Wayne Thomas will be temporarily relocated to Elm Place. (Timeline is TBA)
The third and final phase of the Long-Range Facilities will focus on Red Oak Elementary School, as well as the district's Operations, Maintenance and Transportation office. Details for this phase are still being determined by the Board of Education and the administration.