The Department of Student Services is responsible for ensuring that student residency requirements established in Board of Education Policy 7:60 are met. In accordance with Board Policy 7:60, parents are required to provide proof of residency when (1) enrolling in the district for the first time or (2) when a change of address occurs.
You will need the documents outlined below to complete your child's registration. You will be able to upload the necessary documents along with your online registration.
You will need the following:
Child's Birth Certificate
Parent's Photo ID (e.g., driver's license, state ID, consulate ID, military ID, passport)
- 2 Proof of Residency Documents - one from Category I, one from Category II
- Category I
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment (e.g., canceled check or IRS Form 1098)
- Mortgage papers
- Signed and dated lease (signature page must be included)
- A notarized Letter of Residence from landlord in lieu of lease (7:60-E1)
- A notarized Letter of Residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident (7:60-E2)
- Appendix E-2 - English/Spanish
- One Category I and one Category II document must be provided for the District resident signing the Appendix E-2
- Category II - showing name, address and date within last 60 days
- Bill (e.g., gas, electric, water, internet, cable, cell phone, credit card)
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Original U.S. Mail received at new residence (no “occupant” mail or internet mail accepted)
- Military Personnel Only
Military Personnel who are enrolling a student for the first time in the district without permanent housing must present the Confirmation of Waitlist Placement letter from Forest City Residential Management, which includes a list of family members residing at this residence.
- Note: Military personnel who want to keep their child/ward enrolled in the district despite having changed residence due to military service may submit a written request, and the student’s residence will be deemed to be unchanged for the duration of the custodian’s military service obligation. The District, however, is not responsible for the student’s transportation to or from school.
- Category I
Possible documents, if applicable
- Custody Order
- Guardianship Papers
- Evidence of Non-Parent's Custody, Control, and Responsibility of a Student