The mission of the Health Services Department in North Shore School District 112 is to work in conjunction with school staff and families to promote optimal health and safety, thereby facilitating the educational process for all students.
North Shore School District 112 employs full-time registered nurses in all schools including the Green Bay Early Childhood Center. The nurse at Green Bay also serves an additional role as Health Services Facilitator to assist in policy and procedure development across the district.
Some of the nurse’s duties include:
- providing first aid and emergency care to students.
- administering medication and medical treatments as required.
- providing screenings for vision and hearing with referral to the doctor and follow up as necessary.
- ensuring compliance with State of Illinois physical, dental, vision examination and immunization requirements.
- managing communicable disease issues in accordance with Illinois and Lake County Departments of Public Health guidelines.
- developing and implementing individualized care plans for students with special health needs.
- collaborating with school staff regarding students with special health care needs.
- providing health and safety education to students and staff.
- conducting classroom presentations on health related topics as requested.
- participating on district wide committees relating to health and safety issues.