Providing parents with access to information and/or resources to assist them meaningfully participate in their child’s education is just one way of building and maintaining a lasting partnership with families.
To assist parents, the Department of Student Services has compiled a list of resources below that parents may find helpful.
Parents are also encouraged to contact their child’s school in the event that they have specific questions or concerns regarding their child’s educational experience.
- Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities:
- Parent Guide (Illinois State Board of Education);
- Illinois State Board of Education Special Education website: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Special-Education-Programs.aspx
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association:www.asha.org
- A useful article on language development on the ASHA website is found at: www.asha.org/public/speech/development/default.htm
- Northern Suburban Special Education District: www.nssed.org
- Kindergarten Early Entrance
- Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association: www.nssra.org
- Park District Highland Park: www.pdhp.org
- Moraine Township in Highland Park: www.morainetownship.org/
- How Township Services Help our Neighbors