Providing parents with access to information and/or resources to assist them meaningfully participate in their child’s education is just one way of building and maintaining a lasting partnership with families.
To assist parents, the Department of Student Services has compiled a list of resources below that parents may find helpful.
Parents are also encouraged to contact their child’s school in the event that they have specific questions or concerns regarding their child’s educational experience.
- Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities:
- Parent Guide (Illinois State Board of Education);
- Illinois State Board of Education Special Education website: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Special-Education-Programs.aspx
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association:www.asha.org
- A useful article on language development on the ASHA website is found at: www.asha.org/public/speech/development/default.htm
- APS Newsletter- Click here to receive bi-weekly updates from APS
- TrueNorth Educational Cooperative 804 : www.truenorth804.org
- Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association: www.nssra.org
- Moraine Township in Highland Park: www.morainetownship.org
- Park District Highland Park: www.pdhp.org