Oak Terrace Beliefs
We Believe That…
1. All individuals are valued.
2. Hard work, self-advocacy and determination are essential to achieving full potential.
3. Our Oak Terrace community benefits when people willingly contribute to the well-being of others.
4. Everyone is a learner, it’s our job to empower them to be successful.
5. Learning enhances the quality of life.
6. Collaboration and the ability to accept differing points of view are essential to thrive in a diverse and interdependent world.
7. Honesty, integrity and respect build trusting relationships that foster a sense of belonging.
8. Education is a partnership that brings together school, family and the community.
9. Change involves risk and is necessary for continuous improvement in a dynamic world.
10.Belonging precedes achievement.
11. Diversity to university!
12. We are strong because we belong.
Mission Statement What and How
Oak Terrace provides the means for every (child person everyone stakeholder) to belong and achieve in a diverse learning community.
Belonging! Diversity! Learning! Oak Terrace!
Motto/Slogan - In Spanish
We are diverse! Somos diversos!
We belong! Somos unidos!
We achieve! Podemos lograr!!
The mission of Oak Terrace school is to empower every student to become a responsible, life-long learner, create a sense of belonging and partnership with our community and encourage change through diversity in a climate of academic excellence.
Oak Terrace Elementary School
240 Prairie Ave
Highwood, IL 60040
Grados/Grades: Kindergarten - 5th Grade
8:35 a.m. - 3:17 p.m.
Directora/Principal: Mrs. Lilli Melamed
Directores Associados/Associate Principals: Ms. Shalagh O'Neal and Ms. Anel Escamilla
Colores de la Escuela/School Colors: Red and White