The Board of Education of North Shore School District 112 has been undergoing a comprehensive and thorough review process of the Board of Education Policy Manual. During June 2019 the Board adopted a great number of updated policies, those will be interactive and posted online in August 2019. Of the policies we still need to review as a Board Policy Committee, administration, and Board, we will list them separately in PDF format. This transition of information and data will be done as seamlessly as possible. With any questions, at any time, please reach out to the Superintendent's Office: 224-765-3000.
NOTE, THIS IS AN IN PROCESS PROJECT, IF A POLICY IS NOT LISTED AT THE NEW LINK, THE EXISTING POLICY IS AN "OLD" BUT STILL IN FORCE POLICY ACCESSIBLE ON THIS PAGE BELOW - CONTACT THE SUPERINTENDENT'S OFFICE WITH QUESTIONS - 224 765 3000
Resolution Adopting Comprehensive Policy Manual Updates - JUNE 11, 2019
The Board was presented with the Resolution Adopting the Comprehensive Policy Manual. The Resolution detailed policies to be rescinded and replaced by new policies. OLD POLICIES ARE LISTED BELOW IN PDF FORMAT
- Existing Policy Manual Section Policies to be rescinded as follows:
- Section 1 – School District Organization: All Policies
- Section 2 – Board of Education: All Policies
- Section 3 – General Administration: All Policies
- Section 4 – Operational Services: All Policies except the following: 4:15 – Identity Protection, 4:30 – Revenue and Investments, 4:70 – Resource Conservation, 4:110 – Transportation, 4:120 – Food Services, 4:130 – Free and Reduced Price Food Services, 4:151 – Energy Conservation and Management, 4:180 – Tax-Sheltered 403(b)/457 Retirement Programs (renumber as 4:112)
- Section 5 – Personnel: None
- Section 6 – Instruction: All Policies except the following: 6:20 – School Year and Calendar Day, 6:50 – School Wellness, 6:110 – Programs for Students at Risk of Academic Failure, 6:130 – Program for the Gifted, 6:210 – Instructional Materials, 6:280 – Grading and Promotion
- Section 7 – Students: All Policies except the following: 7:15 – Student and Family Privacy Rights, 7:285 – Food Allergy Management Program, 7:325 – Student Fund-Raising Activities
- Section 8 – Community Relations: All Policies except the following: 8:20 – Community Use of School Facilities 8:25 – Distribution of Literature/Non-Students 8:70 – Accommodating Individuals With Disabilities
To access referenced retained policies, click on cooresponding section numbers below.