Mrs. Buti- 2nd Grade - Indian Trail
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-7665-3449 * If you need to get a message to Mrs. Buti by the end of the school day, please leave a message with Mrs. Garcia in the office. There is not always time to check voicemail and email throughout the day.
About Mrs. Buti
Mrs. Buti has been teaching in North Shore School District 112 since 2002 after graduating from Illinois Wesleyan University with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education. She taught one year at Lincoln, where she met her future husband, and has been proud to call Indian Trail her home ever since 2003. She earned her Masters Degree from National Louis University in Interdisciplinary Studies in Curriculum and Instruction. She had the joy of teaching 5th grade for 12 years and took the leap to teaching 2nd grade in 2014. She looks forward to another awesome year teaching 2nd grade!
Outside of school, Mrs. Buti is a runner, yogi, reader, gardener, nature enthusiast, and most importantly- a mom! She loves getting active, playing outdoors, or cuddling up to read a book with anyone in the family, including the two cats and her faithful dog, Bullet. Her family considers themselves "big fans" of Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Legos. She lives in Northbrook with Mr. Buti,Cormick, and Ava.
Snacks & Water Bottles
Students can eat a FRUIT or VEGGIE snack any time they wish in the classroom.
Please send a WATER BOTTLE every day. Well-hydrated brains work better.
We love to celebrate birthdays in 2B!
The students should pick out a book from home or from school to share as their special birthday book. Students are welcome to read it, or I will share it with the class. They will also be in charge of picking our "Go Noodle" brain breaks that day!
Parents are asked not to send any food or other treat to celebrate their child’s birthday. We are faced with many children within our schools that are highly allergic to peanuts, peanut oil products, and other food ingredients. We believe that recognition of students is important and will continue to celebrate the birthdays of our students with special recognitions in the classroom. Thank you for your help and cooperation in promoting Healthy Happy Birthdays at Indian Trail School!
LIBRARY - 10:50
PE - 2:45
MUSIC - 10:50
PE - 2:15
Buddies - 2:45
- Read! Read! Read!
- Together, alone, out loud, or quietly!
- Inside, outside, on the move!
- Books, magazines, poems, song lyrics, signs, and cereal boxes!
- Show your child what life as a reader looks like outside of school.
- RAZ Kids
- Teacher login in: cbuti
- Listening to reading allows students to experience text at a higher level than they can read. This means they are exposed to more complex texts and new vocabulary!
- Takes students through all of the 2nd grade Common Core State standards and beyond!
- Meant for quick bursts of basic fact practice
- Ask your child to teach you how to play their favorite new math game. Most can be played with a regular deck of cards or six-sided dice.
Life / Creativity / Problem Solving / Social Skills:
- Play outside!
- Do a puzzle
- Play a board game or card game
- Create art
- Climb a tree
- Build something
- Make a book
- Explore nature or science
- Cook or bake together
- Talk about prices at the grocery store
- Plan a party together (budget, guests, supplies, and food)
- Listen to or create music
- Eat dinner as a family
- Read! Read! Read!