- Braeside Elementary School
5.3.19 News You Can Use
May 3, 2019
FROM THE PRINCIPAL - BRAESIDE WE SCHOOL PRESENTS AT BOE MEETING
On Tuesday, May 21 @ 7:00 p.m. Braeside will be presenting at the regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting. The student group, WE School will be sharing the year long efforts to bring service learning to life. If you are able to, please come and support students while they share the story of work that WE are all a part of here at Braeside. Don’t forget to wear your Bobcat gear too!
Braeside School Principal
SAVE THE DATE
Our annual Field Day festivities will be held on Monday, June 3, 2019 in the afternoon. The lunch hour will take place from 11:50-12:40 p.m. with the field day activities beginning thereafter. As is our practice, parents are invited to attend and watch the various activities that afternoon.
NWEA MAP TESTING
Continuing this week classes in all grade will take their spring NWEA MAP testing. This is about an hour for mathematics and an hour for English Language Arts. These two testing sessions will be scheduled by classroom teachers who will alert you to the exact days/times for your information.
WEIRD DISMISSAL TIME ALERT
Please mark your calendars accordingly for an early dismissal at 11:40 a.m. on May 24th.
This is a different time than the rest of the year!
FROM THE LIBRARY
Third through fifth graders will be hosting author/illustrator Nathan Hale on May 17th. If you would like to purchase an autographed book, please hand in the form by May 10th. The form is attached.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL GRADES
- Annual Update Begins May 1, 2019
- The district has implemented online registration through our student information system, Infinite Campus. All New and Returning students will be required to complete online registration for enrollment in the 2019-2020 school year.
Here are a few things to look for during the next few months as we continue 2019-2020 Registration. Please visit our website to download any necessary forms listed: https://www.nssd112.org/onlineregistration
SNOW DAY FOOD DAY COMMUNICATION
We have contacted all the vendors that were scheduled during the D112 snow days and requested a make-up food day. If you ordered food for your student, please see the schedule below:
- Tuesday, November 26th will now be June 7th (NY Slices)
- Monday, January 28 will now be June 10th (Panera)
- Wednesday, January 30th will now be June 11th (Ruby of Siam)
- Thursday, January 31st will now be June 12th (Michael's)
- Error on Friday, March 29th (spring break) will now be June 11th (Piero’s)
Please note - THIS SCHEDULE WILL NOT BE REFLECTED IN YOUR PPTO APP.
If you can’t remember your students order, please reference the attachments below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sarah Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.